1. Jani, R.A., Nag, S and Setty, S.R. (2016). Visualization of intracellular tyrosinase activity in vitro. Bio Protoc. 6(8): e1794.
2. Jani, R.A., Mahanty, S and Setty, S.R. (2016). Mini-Review: SNAREs in the maturation and function of LROs. Bioarchitecture, 6: 1-11.
3. Mahanty, S., Ravichandran, K., Chitirala, P., Prabha, J., Jani, R.A. and Setty, S.R. (2016). Rab9A is required for delivery of cargo from recycling endosomes to melanosomes. Pigment Cell Melanoma Res. 29: 43-59.
4. Jani, R.A., Purushothaman, L.K., Rani, S., Bergam, P. and Setty, S.R. (2015). STX13 regulates cargo delivery from recycling endosomes during melanosome biogenesis. J. Cell Sci. 128: 3263-3276.
- This work was highlighted as “In This Issue” article in J. Cell Sci., Vol. 128, Issue 17, “STX13 and VAMP7 in melanosome biogenesis.
- This work was highlighted as “Cover page” in J. Cell Sci., Vol. 128, Issue 17
5. Dennis, M.K., Mantegazza, A.R., Snir, O.L., Tenza, D., Acosta-Ruiz, A., Delevoye, C., Zoger, R., Sitaram, A., de Jesus-Rojas, W., Ravichandran, K., Rux, J., Sviderskaya, E.V., Bennett, D.C., Raposo, G., Marks, M.S.* and Setty, S.R.* (2015). BLOC-2 targets recycling endosomal tubules to melanosomes for cargo delivery. J. Cell Biol. 209: 563-577. (* equal contribution as a senior author).
- This work was highlighted as “biosights movie” on J. Cell Biol. website, dated June 8, 2015, Melanosomal cargoes BLOC’d off from alternate routes.
6. Jani, R.A and Setty S.R. (2014). Review article: Membrane traffic and vesicle fusion: Post-Palade era researchers win the Nobel Prize. Resonance May: 1-25.
- This work was highlighted as “Cover page” in Resonance, May issue.
7. Setty S.R. (2014). Nobel Prize (2013) in Physiology or Medicine for research on Protein Trafficking, Vesicle Fusion and their Regulation. SBC News Letter 104: 5-8.
8. Sitaram, A., Dennis, M.K., Chaudhuri, R., De Jesus-Rojas, W., Tenza, D., Setty S.R., Wood, C.S., Sviderskaya, E.V., Bennette, D.C., Raposo, G., Bonifacino, J.S., Marks, M.S. (2012). Differential recognition of a dileucine-based sorting signal by AP-1 and AP-3 reveals a requirement for both BLOC-1 and AP-3 in delivery of OCA2 to melanosomes. Mol. Biol. Cell 23: 3178-3192.
9. Truschel, S.T, Simoes, S., Setty, S.R., Harper, D.C., Tenza, D., Thomas, P.C., Herman, K.E., Sackett, S.D., Cowan, D.C., Theos, A.C., Raposo, G. and Marks, M.S. (2009) ESCRT-1 function is required for Tyrp-1 transport from early endosomes to the melanosome limiting membrane. Traffic 10: 1318-1336.
10. Setty, S.R., Tenza, D., Sviderskaya, E.V., Bennett, D.C., Raposo, G. and Marks, M.S. (2008). Cell-specific ATP7A transport sustains copper-dependent tyrosinase activity in melanosomes. Nature 454: 1142-1146.
11. Setty, S.R., Tenza, D., Truschel, S.T., Chou, E., Sviderskaya, E.V., Theos, A.C., Lamoreux, M.L., Di Pietro, S.M., Starcevic, M., Bennett, D.C., Dell’Angelica, E.C., Raposo, G. and Marks, M.S. (2007). BLOC-1 is required for cargo-specific sorting from vacuolar early endosomes toward lysosome-related organelles. Mol. Biol. Cell 18: 768-780.
12. Di Pietro, S.M., Falcón-Pérez, J.M., Tenza, D., Setty, S.R., Marks, M.S., Raposo, G. and Dell’Angelica, E.C. (2006). BLOC-1 interacts with BLOC-2 and the AP-3 complex to facilitate protein trafficking on endosomes. Mol. Biol. Cell 17: 4027-4038.
13. Robertson, S.E., Setty, S.R., Sitaram, A., Marks, M.S., Lewis, R.E. and Chou, M.M. (2006). Extracellular signal-regulated kinase regulates clathrin-independent endosomal trafficking. Mol. Biol. Cell 17: 645-657.
14. Yoshino, A., Setty, S.R., Poynton, C., Whiteman, E.L., Saint-Pol, A., Burd, C.G., Johannes, L. Holzbaur, E.L., Koval, M., McCaffery, J.M. and Marks, M.S. (2005). tGolgin-1 (p230, golgin-245) modulates shiga-toxin transport to the Golgi and Golgi motility toward the microtubule-organizing centre. J. Cell Sci. 118: 2279-2293.
- This paper was highlighted as a “In this Issue” in J. Cell Sci. Bradbury, J. (2005) 118: e1001.
15. Burd, C.G., Strochlic, T.I. and Setty, S.R. (2004). Arf-like GTPases; not so Arf-like after all. Trends Cell Biol. 14: 687-694.
16. Setty, S.R., Strochlic, T.I., Tong, A.H.Y., Boone, C. and Burd, C.G. (2004). Golgi targeting of ARF- like GTPase Arl3p requires its Na-acetylation and the integral membrane protein Sys1p. Nature Cell Biol. 6 (5): 414-419.
- This paper was featured in a “News and Views” review in Nature Cell Biol. Jackson, C.L. (2004) 6(5): 379-380.
- This paper was highlighted in a “Editors’ Choice” in Science Chin, G. (2004) 304(April 30th): 651.
- This paper was featured in a “Highlights” in Nat. Rev. Mol. Cell Biol. Smallridge R. (2004) 5: 333.
- This paper was featured in a “Dispatch” review in Curr. Biol. Graham, T.R. (2004) 14: R483-485.
- This paper was highlighted in an article “News & Hot paper digest” in Japanese Biomedical Magazine, Experimental Medicine Ohno, H. (2004) 22(10): 1385.
17. Setty, S.R., Shin, M.E., Yoshino, A., Marks, M.S. and Burd, C.G. (2003). Golgi recruitment of GRIP domain proteins by Arf-like GTPase 1 is regulated by Arf-like GTPase 3. Curr. Biol. 13: 401-404.
- This paper was featured in a “Dispatch” review in Curr. Biol. Jackson, C.L. (2003) 13: R174-176.
18. Subba Rao, G., Bachhawat, A. and Gupta, C.M. (2002). Two-hybrid based analysis of protein-protein interactions of yeast multidrug resistance protein, Pdr5p. Func. Integ. Genomics 1: 357-366.